Marten Mickos variant of Drucker's Principles for EffectiveExecutives, for teams:
Teams are most effective when...
- The team members ask each other "How can I support you?"
- The team members hold each other accountable while also allowing each one to show vulnerability.
- The team practices open and authentic communication.
- The team arrives at key decisions together through discussion, debate, and synthesis.
- The team has fun.
- The team members see success of the whole team as the best form of success.
- The team operates at a strategic level and empowers the organization around them to make and execute operational decisions.
- Each team member builds his/her own teams following these principles.